Job Title: Customer Service Representative & Administrative Assistant
Summary: Receives, processes customer requests, acts as the administrative assistant for senior management and performs other office functions by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives inquiries via the telephone, email or chat.
- Processes all quotes into orders via computer.
- Verifies accurate customer and product information.
- Informs customers of all back-order information as required.
- Acts as the company’s customer service link.
- Performs basic office functions including but not limited to faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Applies knowledge about company policies, procedures and pricing to best meet customer needs.
- Processes customer information on computer system in an efficient manner to provide quality service.
- Analyzes customer records on computer system, and make any corrections and/or modifications within company guidelines.
- Writes correspondence for customers in regards to their account status.
- Contacts customers to obtain missing information or data to ensure complete and accurate records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer, Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc, internet browsers, and ProfitMaker (Profitmaker is a proprietary industry specific platform that training will be provided for)
Associate’s degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Customer relations skills
- Diplomacy skills