Job Title: Shipping & Receiving/ Warehouse Person
Summary: Ensures quality customer service through the efficient operation of the warehouse/ shipping and receiving department by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads/unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.
- Stocks merchandise in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place on shelves.
- Inspects merchandise for deficiencies or breakages prior to shipment or warehouse storage.
- Records all merchandise discrepancies and perform physical inventory counts as needed.
- Verifies merchandise availability towards incoming orders with tickets daily.
- Organizes merchandise to prepare for shipment as needed.
- Fills customer order in accordance with invoice, completes appropriate paperwork, and places a copy with the merchandise for shipment.
- Operates tape gun to seal boxes for shipment or stock daily.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workplace at all times to include moving pallets, sweeping, and removing/disposing of debris.
- Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to management immediately.
- Follows daily work orders giving special attention to various materials, including picking and delivering merchandise to production.
- Maneuvers heavy materials with the use of fork lift, pallet, and hand truck as required.
- Assists shipping area with package procedures as requested.
- Load/Unloads Firing Lehr.
- Verifies quantities of deliveries and merchandise SKU numbers by comparing merchandise to packing slips.
- Completed appropriate paperwork for deliveries and submits to management daily.
- Prepares shipments to include boxing materials, labeling with appropriate shipping information and completing appropriate paperwork including those shipments being picked up at factory by customers.
- Communicates delivery problems to management promptly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and order processing systems.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior warehouse experience helpful